- The larger flange diameters encourage longer-term retention
- The short flange model is designed to pass through smaller speculums
- Available in three lumen diameters
- Design is similar to Collar Button design
- Made from non-allergenic materials
- ISO 10993 approved
- All tubes are sterile
Ear Tube Material Descriptions
Fluoroplastic Material Definition
Inert, biocompatible and very smooth. The rigid material facilitates tube insertion and its nonstick characteristics may reduce adhesion formation and/or clogging. Teflon (a registered trademark of E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.) is one brand of fluoroplastic. Manufacturer uses only 100% Certified Virgin Material, certified in accordance with ASTM D1710-81 Type 1, Grade 1.
Titanium Material Definition
Extremely durable and is but one-half the weight of stainless steel. Extremely resistant to corrosion and attack by body fluids, titanium has excellent biocompatibility. Its rigidity facilitates insertion. Manufacturer uses 100% Certified ASTM F136-79 titanium.
The Stainless Steel Vent Tubes, Titanium Vent Tube and Stainless Steel Wire have been determined to be MR-conditional according to the terminology specified in the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) International. Designation: F2503-05.
A patient with this device can be scanned safely immediately after placement under the following conditions:
- Static magnetic field of 3 Tesla or less
- Maximum spatial gradient magnetic field of 720-Gauss/cm or less